8th Annual NEAT Conference, 2010 Philippines
8th Annual Conference of the Network of East Asian Think-Tanks (NEAT)
Manila, 23 August 2010
1. The 8th Annual Conference of the Network of East Asian Thinks (NEAT) was held in Manila on 23 August 2010. The conference was organized by the Philippine Institute for Develempment Studies, which is the designated national organization for the NEAT Philippines.
2. Various academics and government officials attended the conference representing the various APT countries.
3. Six working groups presented their findings and recommendationsto the conference. areas covered includes:
- evolving regional architecture
- food security
- financial cooperation in the post-CMI era
- cultural exchange
- trade and investment facilitation, and
- water resource management
4. The reports of the six working groups have been put together into a set of policy recommendations for APT leaders.
5. The 9th Annual conference will be hosted by NEAT Viet Nam.